A few weeks ago, I found this flat sheet in a thrift store for $2.
I loved the pattern, and figured I could find some way to use it. I decided that I would create a new shower curtain for our master bathroom. We have a plastic liner currently, but I wanted something a little more decorative.
I measured the height from the curtain rod to the floor. I spread the sheet out in the middle of my living room floor and measured out the amount of fabric I would need.
She’s always so helpful. . . or so she thinks!
Next, I folded up the edge and ironed down the fold to create an area to hem.
My old machine belonged to my great grandmother. It was wonderful to have and I was sad when it finally quit for good. I’m borrowing my mother-in-law’s for now. This project finally gave me the opportunity to try it out. It ran like a dream! It took me a second to get the hang of it. . . but this was a pretty simple project to do that! My machine was fairly old, so a machine that has any amount of options, LCD screen, and even an automatic option was totally foreign to me. I’m totally hooked!
I decided the easiest solution to hooks would be these clips. So I folded the top down to create a hidden flap.
I used a piece of yellow scrap fabric to make a tie back.
So there you go! A fun project for the weekend.